Powered By Blogger

9.03.2013

Freedom of Speech and Hate Crimes

 I am thankful we can complain and moan over here in America about our government officials. If I want to complain or be even terribly rude about my government (which to my credit I am at times) - I can do that and it's ok! It's covered under Free Speech, which all Americans have thanks to our amendments to our constitution. Thank goodness too, it's a good way to sort things out when we share common goals and have disagreements in that process. This article below reminds me of an analogy- like jabbing a sleeping monster to wake it up:

I feel sorry for anyone gay in Russia right now as well as Syrians who are being gassed and all the others who live under governments such as these! I hope mine will learn it's path by listening to the voice of it's people through peaceful protests and voting. If we are to have one, it should work for the people, and give them things in return for their tax dollars, not the other way around. And oppression should never be the law, and never targeted at specific groups of people because of their sexual orientation, race, religion, etc. A real final solution is to not judge anyone based on these. Unfortunately, people will always be ignorrant somewhere, so I am also thankful and proud of all of the strides in the civil rights movement. Russia isn't as lucky lately. 
NEW  9/6/2013:  http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/05/russian-law-gay-parents-children
ORIGINAL ARTICLES:
http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/russia-poised-to-pass-bill-making-it-illegal-to-tell-children-gay-people-exist/politics/2013/06/11/68483



And spying on us, who knows what else: 



No comments:

Post a Comment