Powered By Blogger

2.02.2013

On Writing

Picture


The Blog and on Writing...
01/28/2013
   Time to take a break from all of the graphics and use the part of my brain that is brewing with colorful ideas, but put it in writing. I am reminded the last few days of James Joyce, and modernism. I love the whole idea that so many creative forces were infused together that created this thing called "Modernism" as it was dubbed. The pressures of industrialization and manual labor with little worker rights, oppression of sexuality itself, especially aimed at women, oppression of artist creativity, and the influence of religion gave birth to the movement. I guess when you say not to do something, even grown adults sometimes will do the exact opposite. With the case of Modernism though, it was a healthy and productive thing. Dali, Joyce, etc. The 1920's-ish. And here we are in 2013 with a lot of the same pressures facing us- ironic isn't it?? There is a book called "Love Poems" that is filled with Renaissance art, sort of the kind of paintings that were "expected" from Artists before they said to hell with that, but the writings in the book are very beautiful. Don't get me wrong, so are the paintings, it's just most of them other then a few are of the same muted subject matter- just not my thing I guess. I am not a poet, but who knows what will come next......................

No comments:

Post a Comment